SupplieS & ToolS:
1 yd red 45 fabric
1 yd blue baseball print fabric
1/4 yd white baseball print fabric
1 pkg Warm & Natural batting, craft size
Two 3/4 D-rings
Two 1 alligator clips
Basic sewing supplies
Iron & pressing surface
RS = Right side(s)
1. Cut two 15"x28" pieces each out of blue baseball print, red solid & batting.
2. Front: Layer one each: batting, blue baseball print RS up & red solid RS down.
3. Mark a 3 circle 6" from the top & 4" from the right edge. Stitch the circle. Trim inside, clip & pull red lining
fabric to the inside & press to form hole.
4. Back: Layer red RS down, batting & then blue baseball print, RS up.
5. Mark 1" channels for quilting on front/back. Quilt layers.
6. Zigzag or serge tops & sides of front/back.
7. Turn under sides of the front/back 1/4", from the top down 4".
8. Fold top down 2". Stitch front/back to form channel for strap.
9. Front pocket: Cut one 6"x5" piece of white baseball print and one 6"x7" piece of red. RS together, sew one 6"
side. Fold in half, RS together, matching edges. Sew other 3 sides, leaving an opening for turning. Turn and press.
10. Center pocket on front 3" from the bottom. Add two small pleats to bottom. Topstitch to front.
11. RS together, stitch bottom seam.
12. For straps: Cut four 3"x45" strips of red. Join two strips at 3" edge & repeat.
13. Press strips in half; fold edges to inside 1/4" & press. Stitch long edges.
14. Cut two 3" pieces from the straps & loop through D-rings. Pin one on each side, 7" from bottom. Sew side seams
up to strap channel. Make a gusset at bottom corners by folding bottom seam to side seam & sewing across the
triangle. Cut off tip of triangle.
15. Cut two 70" pieces of red strap. Thread through top channel, one in each direction.
16. Stitch alligator clips to ends of straps.
Created by JOANN Fabric and Craft Stores