SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fabrics: 2/3 yd. for liner, 1/3 yd. for contrast band
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
- Large paper for pattern
1. Make a paper pattern fitting the inside bottom of basket; add 1/2” to pattern for seam allowance. Cut one from liner fabric.
2. Measure dimensions of basket and add 1” for seam allowance.
3. Measure from the bottom of the inside of the basket up and over the top to desired drop.
4. Cut liner fabric. (L x W plus seam allowance because 2 pieces are needed)
5. Cut contrasting fabric to above measurements. (L x W plus seam allowance if using 2 pieces)
6. Sew side seams of both pieces, press seams open.
7. Fold contrast piece in half to 2-1/2” and press.
8. Sew folded contrast piece to liner
9. Fold liner into fourths and pin at quarters to mark. Do the same with the bottom piece.
10. With right sides together, match pinned marks. Ease in fullness of liner to bottom of piece, gathering or pleating at corners.