Batik Embroidered Pillows
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Colorful patterned fabric, approx. ½ yard
- Embroidery floss
- Embroidery hoop
- Embroidery needle
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Additional contrasting colorful patterned fabric, approx. ½ yard
- Two 14” x 14” Pillow forms
- Measuring tape
- Cut an 18” square of fabric. Set remaining fabric aside.
- Use embroidery floss to embellish the pattern on the fabric. Use the basic back stitch to outline the pattern components in the coordinating color.
- Cut two additional pieces of fabric, one 18” x 13-½” and one 18” x 15-½”. Turn under 1” of the raw edge of the 18” side. Turn over 1” again and hem. Repeat for both pieces.
- Lay out embroidered fabric with right side up. With the longer of the two hemmed pieces, line up one side with the right sides facing and pin. Overlap the short piece and line up to other end and pin. Sew around with 1” seams. Clip corners and turn right side out.
- Stuff with pillow form.
- Repeat for second pillow.