Batik Embroidered Purse
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 yd. linen embroidered fabric
- 1/2 yard lining in complementary cotton fabric
- 1 yard piping
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
- Pattern: Simplicity 2201
- Fusible fleece stabilizer
- Cutting mat, ruler & rotary cutter (optional)
- Monogram initial (optional)
1. Steam iron fabric to remove all creases. (TIP: This will also shrink fabric that might be affected by the steam. Better to happen before cutting.)
2. Cut out pieces - handle, body, stabilizer and lining according to the pattern (Simplicity 2201).
3. Iron batting to wrong side of body fabric.
4. Monogram any design on fabric at this point.
5. Follow remaining instructions and stitch recommendations of pattern.