1. Sketch out a rough draft of the design onto a piece of paper.
2. Next, cut the fabric to the desired size square using the cutting mat and rotary cutter. If using the fabric to create another project when finished, keep in mind that the fabric will shrink up a bit since the final step involves soaking in hot water.
3. Line the work surface with waxed paper. The waxed paper should cover an area slightly larger than the fabric. Tape the waxed paper to the work surface to hold it in place.
4. Lay the fabric over the wax paper and lightly pencil in the design using the Shapes Templates. The light pencil markings will wash away. Next, apply Elmer’s® Gel Glue over the penciled lines.
5. Once the entire design is covered, let the glue dry overnight.
6. Mix 1 part acrylic craft paint to 1 part water in small containers.
7. Have the child paint in the design just like they would color a page in a coloring book, making sure to rinse the brush completely between each color.
8. Once the entire design is painted, allow it to dry overnight.
9. Once dry, peel the fabric from the wax paper and soak in a hot water bath for 15 minutes. Gel glue should release from the fabric during this time. Rub the fabric lightly together to loosen glue or use a toothbrush if necessary. Gently ring excess water out of fabric and lay flat to dry. When completely dry, run a hot iron over the design to remove wrinkles.
SHIPPINGShipping your purchase is easy at JOANN! Orders typically leave our warehouses within 1-3 business days (Mon-Fri). Delivery date depends on the destination address and the shipping method. You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped.
RETURNSReturns can be made for FREE in any of our stores.