Bazooples Storybook Quilt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 BaZooples Soft Book Panel
- 2-3/4 yards BaZooples Animal Toss Blue
- 1-3/4 yards BaZooples Patch Allover
- 1-1/2 yards BaZooples Animal Toss Yellow
- Crib-size Batting
- Basic sewing supplies
- Finished Size: 41"x50" (approximate) Please read all directions before beginning and press carefully step-by-step. Measurements for border strips are approximate; be sure to measure quilt top before cutting border strips. All seam allowances are 1/4".
- From the Soft Book panel: Cut nine 7-1/2"x10-1/2" rectangles, centering a design in each rectangle.
- From the Animal Toss blue print: Cut eight 2-1/2" x width of fabric (WOF) strips.
- From these eight strips, cut four 2-1/2"x25-1/2" strips for the horizontal sashing strips and cut six 2-1/2"x10-1/2" strips for the interior vertical sashing strips and two 2-1/2"x38-1/2" strips for the exterior vertical sashing strips. Cut five 21/4" x WOF strips for the binding. Use the remaining fabric for the backing 44"x54".
- From the Patch A/O print: Cut two 2-3/4"x44-1/2" strips centered lengthwise over design as shown in illustration, for the inner border sides. Cut two 3-1/2"x29-1/2" strips, centered horizontally over design as shown in illustration, for the top and bottom inner border.
- From the Animal Toss yellow print: Cut two 3-1/2"x50-1/2" strips from the length of fabric for the side outside borders. Cut two 3-1/2"x33-1/2" strips from the length of fabric for the top and bottom outside border.
- Starting and ending with one 7-1/2"x10-1/2" Book Panel, sew together three book panels and two 2-1/2"x10-1/2" sashing strips to make one row. Repeat to make three pieced rows total.
- Starting and ending with one 2-1/2"x25-1/2" horizontal sashing strip, sew together four 2-1/2"x25-1/2" sashing strips and the three pieced rows from Step 1 to make the quilt top.
- Sew one 2-1/2"x38-1/2" exterior vertical sashing strip to each side of the quilt top.
- Sew one 3-1/2"x29-1/2" Patch A/O strip to the top and bottom of the quilt top.
- Sew one 2-1/2"x44-1/2" Patch A/O strip to each side of the quilt top.
- Sew one 3-1/2"x33-1/2" Animal Toss strip to the top and bottom of the quilt top.
- Sew one 3-1/2"x50-1/2" Animal Toss strip to each side of the quilt top.
- Layer, quilt and bind as desired.