B'dangle Clasp Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Blue Moon Beads: 14x16mm blue rectangle foil beads Copper multi-faceted bead spacers Copper findings kit (includes: wire & oval jump rings)
- 1 pkg glass beads
- Decorative copper toggle set
- 1 pkg large copper headpins
- 1 pkg copper crimp beads
- Needle-nose pliers
- Crimp tool
- Wire cutters
- Ruler or measuring tape
- Bead board, optional
- Cut a 25" length of wire.
- Attach one oval jump ring to toggle clasp using needle-nose pliers.
- String one crimp bead on wire. Thread same end of wire through jump ring on clasp and back again through same crimp bead. Close crimp bead with crimp tool. Trim excess wire with wire cutter.
- Thread beads in this order: one small copper spacer, one rectangle foil, one spacer, one rectangle foil, one spacer, one rectangle foil, one spacer, one rectangle foil, one spacer, one glass. Repeat 3 times. Add one more copper spacer to end of wire. Carefully set aside.
- Attach a jump ring to second part of toggle clasp with needle-nose pliers.
- String one crimp bead onto wire after the small copper spacer. Thread same end of wire through the jump ring on toggle clasp and back again through crimp bead. Try to keep crimp bead close to last small copper spacer as you pull to make a small loop.
- Close crimp bead with crimp tool. String tail of wire back through a few beads on necklace. Trim excess wire.
- String 3 glass beads onto headpin. Finish top of head pin with a wrapped loop.
- Repeat two more times.
- Open jump ring with needle-nose pliers. Attach jump ring to an opening on decorative clasp and loop at top of beaded headpin. Close jump ring.
- Repeat two more times to attach bead dangles to clasp.