Be Merry Knit Wreath
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Red Heart® Grande™: 3 balls Foggy (A)
- Red Heart® Soft®, 1 ball each: Really Red (B), Off White (C), Turquoise (D)
- Susan Bates® Knitting Needles: 15mm [US 19]
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 5.5mm [US I-9]
- 18" (46 cm) foam wreath form
- Jingle bells (4)
- Holiday ornaments (3)
- 1-1/2" (4 cm) foam balls (3)
- 2" (5 cm) foam balls (2)
- Bamboo skewers (3)
- GAUGE: 6 sts = 4" [10 cm]; 8 rows = 4" [10 cm]. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge given.
- Red Heart® Grande™ available in 5.29 oz (150 g), 46 yd (42 m) skeins
- Red Heart® Soft® available in solid color 5 oz (141 g), 256 yd (234 m), print 4 oz (113 g), 204 yd (187 m), and heather 4oz (113 g), 212 yd (194 m) balls
- Finished Size: 18" (46 cm) in diameter
- WREATH: With A, cast on 13 sts.
- Row 1: *K1, P1; repeat from * to last st, K1.
- Repeat Row 1 until piece measures 42" (107 cm).
- Bind off, leaving 3-yard (2.7 m) tail for seaming.
- Trim: Change to crochet hook. With B, chain 6" (15 cm). Fasten off.
- With C, chain 3" (8 cm). Fasten off.
- With D, chain 6" (15 cm). Fasten off.
- FINISHING: With yarn needle and long tail, seam A piece around the wreath form along the side edges. Seam top edge to bottom edge. Weave in all loose ends.
- Yarn Balls: Wrap B around one of the foam balls, wrapping until the entire ball is covered with yarn.
- Repeat with C and D until there are a total of five wrapped foam balls.
- Cut bamboo skewers down to 5" (13 cm). Push skewer completely through yarn ball, piercing the ball with the pointed end. Repeat with the four other yarn balls.
- Push the pointed end of the skewer into the wreath form to attach and secure two of the yarn balls. Set the other three yarn balls aside.
- Trim: Securely attach one ornament to the end of each crochet chain.
- String 4 jingle bells onto the end opposite the ornament of one crochet chain. Place one yarn ball skewer through the center of the chain and then pierce the wreath with the skewer to secure.
- Secure the other two ornaments to the wreath by piercing the end of the chain opposite the ornaments with the yarn ball skewers and pushing them into the wreath.