Be Merry Screen Embroidered Frame
- Embroidery floss- red, light green, dark green, cream
- Home Decor Chalk: Imperial Red
- Home Decor Wax- clear
- Small cloth
- Fiberglass or nylon window screen- 1" bigger than frame on all sides
- Embroidery needle
- Black medium tip marker
- White open-back frame
- Staple gun & staples
- Medium weight sandpaper
- 1" paint brush
- Copy paper & printer
- “Be Merry” template
1. Paint frame red using the 1" brush. Allow to dry.
2. To print the patterns, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
3. Print out the “Be Merry” template on white copy paper.
4. Place template under the screen in the center.
5. Trace “Be Merry” design onto the screen using a black marker.
6. Using two different floss colors together (red and dark green), embroider “Merry”.
7. Using two different floss colors together (cream and light green), embroider “Be”.
8. Using two different floss colors together (dark green and light green), embroider holly leaves.
9. Using red floss, embroider the holly berry.
10. Using medium weight sandpaper, light sand/distress edges on frame exposing the white underneath. Complete until desired effect is achieved.
11. Wax the frame with a small piece of cloth. Allow to dry.
12. Center the embroidered screen on the backside of the frame.
13. Staple the screen on the edge in the center of the frame.
14. Rotate the screen; staple the screen again, on the opposite side of the frame on the backside, at the edge.
15. Look at the screen and frame from the front side; ensure proper placement of embroidered design. Continue to staple on all edges at the center of the screen on the edge, working around the screen, only stapling two or three on each side.
16. Trim excess screen.