Be Scary T-Shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- ColorArtz® Starter Kit: includes Mango Tango, Gremlin & Purple People Eater Paint Pouches
- Plain white T-shirt
- Sticky-back craft foam
- Craft foam letters
- Glue stick
- Drop cloth
- Paper towels
- Pumpkin carving template book
1. Use template design from pumpkin carving template book. Size design to fit a piece of sticky-back craft foam. Adhere template with a glue stick to the nonstick side of the craft foam. Cut out design.
2. Lay T-shirt flat. Remove adhesive backing, position & apply craft foam pieces to T-shirt. Add craft foam lettering or phrases.
3. Begin airbrushing. Apply lightest color 1st, spraying light mist coats around design. Do not soak. Do not spray at an angle, to avoid lifting the template. For darker colors, apply many light coats, allowing them to dry a few minutes between applications. Keep propellant can upright at all times. Wipe pouch tips to maintain spray pattern. Apply colors as desired.
4. Leaving craft foam in place, scrunch T-shirt around the stencil design to create wrinkles in the shirt. Paint high points of the wrinkles for a tie-dyed effect around the design. Allow to dry. Remove craft foam template.
5. Flip shirt over & scrunch backside to add tie-dye effect. Overspray to create more colors, beginning with the lightest color & moving to darker colors. For example: Mango Tango over Gremlin would create brown.
6. Allow fabric to dry at least 24 hours. Follow fabric manufacturers' washing instructions.
- If pouch stops spraying: open & close pouch valve a couple times to remove any dried paint. If the propellant becomes too cold to spray, allow can to come up to room temperature. Keep airbrush nozzle clean.
- If pouch begins to drip: remove it, wipe airbrush clip & pouch nozzle with a paper towel, then reattach pouch.