Idea Market Beach Framed Letter
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Paper mache letter
- White frame
- Foam core board
- Printed scrapbook paper – water theme
- Fabric – 3" larger than frame dimensions
- Spray adhesive
- Glue stick
- X-Acto® blade
- E6000 Glue
- Acrylic paint – blue (to match printed paper) & cream
- Medium flat brush
- Water/paper towels for clean-up
Allow the paint to dry thoroughly between each step before continuing.
1. Paint sides of the letter with blue paint to match the scrapbooking paper. Allow to dry.
2. Glue the scrapbook paper to the front of the letter using a glue stick. Trim around the letter to remove the excess paper using an Xacto blade. Set letter aside.
3. Remove the back, glass and insides from the frame, cut a piece of foam core to fit inside the frame.
4. Apply spray adhesive to the foam core and the back of the fabric. Allow the adhesive to dry slightly to become tacky. Place the fabric on the foam core, smooth out any wrinkles. Fold the fabric over the foam core and cut off any excess on the back.
5. Dry brush cream paint on the white frame, wipe off any excess paint as needed with paper towels.
6. Place the foam core piece inside the frame and secure it in place with the frame brackets.
7. Center and glue the letter on the fabric covered foam core using E6000.
8. Use E6000 to glue shells on the letter, spilling off the sides.
9. Paint small accents on the waves with the cream paint to tie the creams into the letter.