SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- McCall’s® pattern M6577 C
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & ironing surface
Using pattern, cut all pieces from fabric and lining. Interface 2 CROWN pieces and TOP and BRIM of fabric (not lining) on wrong side. Mark center back and large circles.
1. Stitch crown sections together at sides.
2. Edgestitch crown sections at seams. Stay stitch upper edge of crown.
3. Pin TOP to upper edge of crown matching large circles and clipping crown
where necessary. Stitch.
4. Edgestitch top and crown along seam.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 for lining.
6. Pin BRIM pieces together, matching center back. Stitch outer edges together.
7. Turn right side out; press, baste raw edges together.
8. Staystitch inner edge of brim.
9. Edgestitch outer edge of brim.
10. With right sides together, pin brim to crown, matching center back. Form excess
brim into a pleat 2" in front of right side seam. Stitch. Press seam toward crown.
11. Turn seam allowance on lower edge of crown lining. Press.
12. Place crown and top lining inside hat having wrong sides together and matching
side seams. Slipstitch pressed edge over seam.
13. Turn right side out; press.
1. Cut one rectangle 5"x56" from chiffon.
2. Finish all edges with a narrow rolled hem.
3. Hand tack to hat at side seams near brim.
4. Tie in a knot or bow.