Beaded Bridal Sash
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 yd. Simplicity®/MD ivory beaded bridal lace trim
- 1/4 yd. ivory satin fabric
- 1 hook & eye closure
- Hand sewing needle
- Sewing machine and coordinating thread
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
*Please note this sash was made using measurements for a 25" waist.
Yardages may vary depending on individual waist measurements.
1. Cut the satin fabric 5" wide by the length of waist measurement plus 3".
2. With right sides together, stitch the long edges and one short end together using a 1/2" seam allowance. Leave the second short end open for turning.
3. Turn the fabric sash right sides out and press so the seam is down the center back.
4. Turn and press under the open edge of the fabric. Stitch closed.
5. Cut apart beaded lace trim so that the main motif is approximately 14". Also cut four large flowers, two medium flowers, and four small flowers.
6. Position main motif in the center of the sash. Hand stitch in place.
7. Position four large flowers (two above and two below) around center large flower. Hand stitch in place.
8. Position medium and small flowers (one of each) on both sides of center motif. Stitch in place.
9. Attach hook and eye to sash according to manufacturer’s instructions. Sash should overlap approximately 2".