Beaded Chain Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Dress It Up items:
- Bone Beaded Chain
- Safari Color Combo
- Crčme Brulee Color Combo
- Special Selection #25
- 1-1/2" head pins
- 1-1/2" eye pins
- Jump rings, 6mm & 4mm
- Wire cutter
- Needle nose pliers
- Select the main bone bead from the Safari pack. Count 4 beads on the chain and using the needle nose pliers open the chain links on either side of the 4 beads - this is the link to the left of bead #1 and to the right of bead #4. String the small piece of beaded chain through the hole in the pendant. Attach both open chain links to a 6mm jump ring; close the chain links to form a ring through the pendant hole.
- Create some dangling pieces to coordinate with the hanging bone pendant. Find an interesting bead and thread it onto a head pin. Using wire cutters, cut the head pin approximately 1/4" above the bead. Use the needle nose pliers to bend the remainder of the head pin into a loop, creating a chain link.
- Cut a length of beaded chain four beads long. Attach one end link to the wired bead from step 2 and the other end to the 6 mm jump ring from the bone pendant. This completes one dangle.
- Make more dangles as desired attaching each one to the 6mm jump ring.
- To create the drop for the pendant, find 3 interesting beads from the packs; thread them onto an eye pin. Cut extra length from the eye pin and bend closed with a loop. Attach the eye pin to the 6mm jump ring. Attach a 4mm jump ring to the other end of the eye pin.
- Create main necklace to desired length with pieces of beaded chain and beaded eye pins. Attach the 4mm jump ring that holds the pendant and dangles to the center point of the necklace; finish each end by attaching a clasp.