Beaded Chain Reaction Necklace
- 1-2 Hours
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1-2 packs of Jesse James Beads Chain Reaction (depending on desired length of necklace)
- 1 Jesse James Beads Strand
- 1 Jesse James Beads Grand Finale clasp
- 11-17 4mm-6mm jump rings
- 5-9 eye pins
- 1 head pin
- Needle-nose pliers
- Wire cutters
1. Open packs of Chain Reaction. There is a larger jump ring that connects the chain in a loop – find this jump ring and open it with your pliers so that you have an 18" length of chain.
2. Select the beads from the strand that you would like to feature on your necklace and lay out the design.
3. Make your bead drop:
Select a focal bead or set of beads and place on the head pin, leave 3/8"-1/2" of the eye pin past the bead and trim the balance with wire cutters. Grasp top of eye pin with pliers and twist to form a closed loop. You will use this loop to attach your bead drop to your necklace. Repeat this step with a smaller bead, using an eye pin instead of a head pin if you would like a longer drop. Connect the 2 bead dangles with a small jump ring. Open and close the jump ring with your needle-nose pliers to make a continuous loop (if you do not close the jump ring completely your necklace will come apart). Some people find it easier to work with 2 pairs of pliers – grasp each end of the ring with pliers and join together.
4. Create the components for the main portion of your necklace:
- 1. Select 2-4 sets of beads from your strand to feature on the necklace. Put each bead set on an eye pin and finish as outlined in step 2.
2. Divide the Chain Reaction into smaller lengths: hold a bead in each hand and find the center of the chain sequence; use your wire cutters to divide the chain at this half-way point so that each chain sequence has a bead in the center of its length.
3. Attach a jump ring to the end of each chain sequence.
6. Build your necklace, using the jump rings as connectors:
- 1. Attach the drop to the chain ends, you will only need one jump ring in the center to connect the 3 pieces together.
2. Attach the bead on eye pin to the opposite end of the chain, connect the next chain sequence the other side of the bead on the eye pin.
3. Continue to connect your necklace parts until you have achieved the desired length.