Beaded Crystal Cake Stand
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Clear AB acrylic rounds
- Clear crystal ovals
- Clear AB bicones
- Clear AB teardrops
- Silver jump rings
- Silver eyepins
- Silver headpins
- Wire cutters
- Glue gun & glue sticks
- Round nose pliers
1. Start by sliding one crystal bicone onto an eyepin and forming a simple loop. Repeat 100 times.
2. Connect each beaded eyepin together with a silver jump ring to create a chain. This chain should fit exactly around the circumference of the cake stand. Add or take away crystals to make it fit exactly. Make another identical chain that fits exactly as this project will require two.
3. Next, create connectors by sliding a teardrop bead onto an eyepin and forming a simple loop. Repeat 60 times.
4. Lay the two chains created in Step 2 out next to one another and begin to connect them together horizontally, like adding ladder rungs with the teardrop beads. The two chains should be slightly offset from one another so the rungs will be diagonal.
5. Attach this to the outside rim of the cake stand using hot glue.
6. Next, create connectors (with eyepins) from the round acrylic crystal beads.
7. Create dangles (with headpins) from the oval crystal beads.
8. Connect them as shown in the picture to create different lengths of dangling crystal strands.