Beaded Fox Pillow
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Assorted coral, orange, white, grey & black beads
- Stiffened tan felt
- Pre-made burlap pillow
- Orange & tan embroidery floss
- Polyester batting
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
1. Cut a fox shape out of stiffened felt. Using this shape as a guide, cut an additional tail piece and head piece.
2. Using only the additional head piece, draw guidelines on the face and begin to sew on beads using embroidery floss.
3. To sew a line of seed beads, come up through the felt and then string a dozen beads. Lay those in place on the left and go down through the felt at the end of the line. Working back to the starting point, come up through the felt every 2-4 beads to tack the line of beads down in place.
4. Continue adding beads in rows using the picture as a guide for the head.
5. Repeat these steps for the extra tail piece.
6. Add additional embellishment of flowers and swirls of beads on the tail; some stitched in placed and some can be hot-glued over top of the seed beads.
7. Once the head and tail are completely embellished, place the embellished head and tail over the full fox felt body and whipstitch the edges using matching embroidery floss. Before closing the last stitches, add a small amount of polyester batting to plump up the head and the tail.
8. Add beads to the main body of the fox.
9. With the fox complete, hand-stitch this down to a burlap pillow case, following around the contours of the body.