Beaded Jewelry Set
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Bliss Beads items:
- Gold 4mm Metal Beads 3 pkgs, (a)
- 6mm Cube Beads-Peridot, 5 pkgs, (b)
- Millifiore 8x6mm Oval Beads, 3 pkgs, (c)
- 6mm Cube Beads-Amber, 5 pkgs, (d)
- Amber Millifiore 8x6mm Oval Beads, 3 pkgs, (e)
- 1 pkg Tigertail
- 8 Crimp beads
- 2 Gold toggles
- 4 Headpins
- 2 Earwires
- 2 Jumprings
- Round nose pliers
- Crimping tool
- Wire cutters
- Use one toggle for the bracelet. Remove jumpring that holds both ends of toggle together.
- Cut 2 pieces of tigertail 12" long.
- Thread one crimp bead on the end of one piece of the tigertail. Thread tigertail end through the loop on one end of the toggle then back through crimp. Use crimping tool to firmly squeeze crimp bead flat, leaving a small loop of cord within which the toggle can move around easily. Gently pull toggle to make sure that crimp is squeezed tightly. The first several beads threaded will cover the end of the tigertail.
- Following the bead order represented by letters on the supply list, thread beads on this first piece of tigertail as follows: *1(a), 1(b), 1(a), 1(c), 1(a), 1(d), 1(a), 1(e). Repeat from * three more times, ending with 1(a).
- When beading is completed, thread tigertail end through a crimp, then through the loop on the other toggle piece and back through crimp and through several beads to cover the tigertail end. Pull cord gently until only the small loop, same as other side, is exposed between beads and toggle. Squeeze crimp bead then carefully trim away excess cord that is coming up between the beads.
- See Step 3 to begin second strand of bracelet. Thread beads on second piece of tigertail as follows: #1(a), 1(d), 1(a), 1(e), 1(a), 1(b), 1(a), 1(c). Repeat from # three more times, ending with 1(a). See Step 5 to complete this.
- Thread two of the headpins as follows: 1(a), 1(e), 1(a), 1(d). Thread the other two as follows: 1(a), 1(c), 1(a), 1(b).
- Trim excess length from each headpin with the wire cutter, leaving enough excess to form a loop at the top of eachone with round nose pliers.
- Open 2 jumprings. Slip the loop of each of the two different headpins on to each jumpring, then the loop of the earwire. Close jumprings to complete each earring.
- Cut 2 pieces of Tigertail 24" long each.
- See step 3 of the bracelet directions to begin necklace.
- Thread beads on the first piece of tigertail as follows: *1(a), 1(b), 1(a), 1(c), 1(a), 1(d), 1(a), 1(e). Repeat from * ten more times, ending with 1(a).
- When beading is completed, follow step 5 of the bracelet directions.
- See Step 3 of bracelet directions to begin second strand of necklace. Thread beads on second strand as follows: #1(a), 1(d), 1(a), 1(e), 1(a), 1(b), 1(a), 1(c). Repeat from # ten more times ending with 1(a).
- See Step 5 in bracelet directions to complete this strand.