Beaded Snowman Ornament
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- White 6mm glass pearls
- Red 6/0 Luster seed beads
- Orange top-drilled shell oval bead
- Black 6/0 seed beads
- White 6/0 seed beads
- Small round gold bead for flower center
- Black crystals for eyes
- Fishing line
- Gold 26-gauge wire
- Wire cutters
- Tape measure
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
1. Start by cutting a length of fishing line 2 yards long.
2. Create three identical beaded balls using 6mm white glass pearls and a right-angle weave stitch.
3. Stitch the three beaded balls together using fishing line.
4. Create a scarf using Red Luster 6/0 seed beads in a ladder stitch three beads wide.
5. Wrap the scarf around the snowman and secure with hot glue.
6. Add the eyes and nose with hot glue.
7. String 5 red seed beads onto a fishing line and tie onto the snowman to form the mouth.
8. Create the hat. Start with the sides of the tall part of the hat by creating a ladder stitch, 4 beads wide, with black 6/0 seed beads and gold wire. Make 17 rows of seed beads and then tie off the wire to where you started to form a cylinder or tube of black beads.
9. Create the top of the hat by making a small disk of black seed beads using a right angle weave stitch and gold wire.
10. Create the brim of the hat also with a ladder stitch. Assemble all parts of the hat together. Finish hat with a small flower made of white seed beads and a gold round bead, strung on fishing line.