SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Ox brass oval jump rings
- Ox brass eyepins
- Flat curved silver bead
- Plasticized metal bead, silver
- Crystal glass teardrop bead
- 4mm facetted bicone bead
- Ox brass headpin
- Ox brass chain
- Clear elastic cording
- Bead glue
- Glass votive holders
- Round-nose pliers
- Flat-nose pliers
- Wire cutters
1. Cut a piece of elastic cording double the circumference of the votive holder. We used about 9" of elastic cord in our piece. String on one long silver bead, and three ox brass jump rings, and repeat 5 times. Pull tightly, making sure this "bracelet" fits snugly on top of the votive holder. Tie a surgeon's knot and secure the knot with a drop of glue. Trim end and hide inside one of the long beads. Slide this "bracelet" onto the top of the votive holder.
2. Create connectors using 3mm and 4mm beads. Slide those beads onto an eyepin and form a simple loop. Each one of our holders required 60 connectors to be made.
3. Create chains of the connectors. Create six identical 3-connector chains, and six identical 5-connector chains, and six identical 2-connector chains.
4. Connect the 3-connector chains to the inside jump rings, making a little u-shaped hanging chain. Connect the 5-connector chains to the outside jump rings in the same manner.
5. Cut 3/4" lengths of ox brass chain. To this, add the two-connector chains.
6. Create dangles by sliding one teardrop-shaped bead onto a headpin and forming a simple loop. Create 6 total dangles in alternating shades of crystal and smoke. Add these dangles to the two-connector chain from step 5 to create a long dangle.
7. Finally, connect this dangle to the middle jump ring on the "bracelet".