Beaded Yarn Bookmark
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Sensations yarns: Casual Boucle, 1 yd Whisper, 2 yds
- 4mm Nickel jump ring, 1 pkg
- 7mm Silver jump ring, 1 pkg
- 2" Nickel head pin, 1 pkg
- Medium width cable chain, 1 pkg
- Burnished silver metal leaf charm, 1 pkg
- 3 Bead charms of choice
- 15x21mm Silver metal bead cone
- 6/0 Czech glass beads, black diamond, 24 gm
- Small round black & grey beads, 1 pkg
- 24ga Silver wire
- Wire cutters
- Bent-nose pliers
- Round-nose pliers
- Cut three strands of Casual Boucle yarn, each 11" long.
- Cut six strands of Whisper yarn, each 11" long.
- Divide yarn and lay into three groups. Each group should have one strand of Casual Boucle and two strands of Whisper.
- Knot all strands together at one end. Trim excess yarn neatly to 1" beyond knot.
- Separate yarn again into three groups as mentioned in step three. Braid the separate yarn sections together to measure eight inches.
- Knot at end to secure. Trim excess yarn close to knot.
- Using an 8" piece of 24ga wire, thread one end of wire through knot. Wrap wire tightly around knot 4-5 times making sure wire is secure. Thread end of wire through beaded cone.
- Make a wrap loop at top of cone. Cut excess wire.
- Cut a 4", 3" and 2" piece of chain and set aside.
- Open a 7mm jump ring. Attach jump ring to wire wrap loop at top of cone. Attach all three pieces of chain on jump ring. Close jump ring.
- Open a 4mm jump ring and attach to the free end of one of the chains and attach to a bead charm. Close jump ring.
- Repeat step 13 for 2 remaining chains.
- Using a 4mm jump ring, attach a leaf charm to chain where desired.
- Repeat step 13 five more times and place leaf charms randomly on all chains.
- Using a 2" headpin thread one Czech glass bead. Make a loop at top of bead. Attach to chain where desired and close loop with wrap technique. Cut excess wire.
- Repeat step 15 eight more times or until desired amount of beads are attached.
- Using a 2" headpin thread one round bead. Make a loop at top of bead. Attach to chain where desired and close loop with wrap technique. Cut excess wire.
- Repeat step 17 five more times or until amount of beads desired are attached.