Beautiful Butterflies Hat
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Kids Camp 3-D Paints, Havana Swing Kit
- Kids Camp Tie Dye, Havana Swing Kit
- White bucket hat
- Disappearing ink pen
- Roll of paper towels
- Plastic grocery bags
- Straight pins
- Plastic tablecloth
- Washing machine & laundry soap 9"
- Fill the purple dye bottle with water. Shake well. Pour almost entire bottle out, leaving a small amount of dye, and fill bottle back up with water. Repeat step with green dye. Process creates lighter dye solution.
- Lay plastic tablecloth on flat work surface. Place hat on work surface.
- Squeeze purple dye onto the rim of the hat. Squeeze green dye onto the top portion of the hat. Let hat sit for 4 hours.
- Wash hat in large load cycle with a small amount of laundry soap. Line dry.
- Stuff hat with plastic grocery bags. Place hat on end of brand new roll of paper towels. Use straight pins to hold hat into place.
- Enlarge and cut patterns apart. Refer to photo. Place patterns on hat and trace with disappearing ink pen.
- Paint the butterfly with 3-D paints.