Bed and Breakfast Rose Kneckroll Pillow
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Bed and Breakfast fabrics by Fabric Traditions
- 5/8 yard rose print fabric
- 5/8 yard stripe
- 1/4 yard paisley
- Pink & light blue thread
- 14" x 6" neck roll pillow insert
- 5" x 6 " piece paper backed fusible web
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
- Rotary cutter, ruler & cutting mat
- Pinking shears
- Basic sewing supplies
- One 23-1/2" wide by 20-1/2" rectangle from the rose print.
- Two 2" wide by 20-1/2" bands centered over the rose stripes of the stripe fabric.
- Two 3" x 34" ties from paisley fabric.
- To print the rose applique pattern, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
- Trace the rose applique and center to the paper backed fusible web. Following manufacturer’s direction, fuse the rose to the wrong side of the paisley fabric. Fuse the center to the wrong side of the rose print centered over a pink rose. Cut out the appliques along the outer edge. Remove the paper backing.
- With the rose print rectangle placed horizontally on the ironing board, center the rose applique 5-1/2" from the lower edge. Place the center on the rose. Fuse the appliques in place. Zigzag stitch around the applique pieces and along the lines of the design.
- Press under the white area on the long edges of the bands.
Place them vertically on the rectangle so the outer edges of the strips are 4-3/4" from the side edges. Stitch along the side edges of the bands. Trim the side edges with pinking shears.
- Fold the rectangle in half with right sides in. Make marks 1-1/2" and 2-1/2" from the side edges. Stitch 1/2" from the 23-1/2" edge leaving openings between the marks. Trim seam allowance with pinking shears. Press the seam open.
- Turn under 1-1/2" along the side edges. Stitch 1" from the fold to make a casing. Turn the pillow cover right side out.
- Fold the ties in half lengthwise with right sides together. Trim the ends of folded ties diagonally with the longest side along the fold. Stitch along the edges 1/4" from the edge. Leave an opening for turning. Turn the ties right sides out and press so they are flat.
- Using a safety pin, thread the ties through the casing. Place the pillow insert inside the pillow cover. Gather the ends and tie a bow.
Items in This Collection