SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
FOR ONE PROJECT:
- 1 strand white round plastic rhinestone trim, 3/16" wide
- 1 strand blue round plastic rhinestone trim, 3/16" wide
- Clear drying all-purpose craft glue
- Cloth measuring tape
- Transparent tape
- Items to be embellished: shoes, headband, votive candle, holders and glasses.
Measuring trim: for smaller items wrap or place string or cloth measuring tape on each area you want to embellish. Remove and measure the string to determine yardage.
- Apply beads of glue across the band of the shoe. Press and hold trim in place to set. Trim excess. Continue until band is covered.
- Measure and glue one strand of rhinestones up the heel. Since the band is curved you may need to use shorter pieces of trim in to fill the space in some areas.
- Apply beads of glue across the length of the headband. Press trim in place and hold to set. Trim excess.
- Continue until headband is covered.You may place a contrasting color on both outside edges for a hint of color.
- Apply glue and wrap several layers of trim around the base of the candle.
- Cut individual gems off the trim and press into the side of the candle in a random pattern.
CANDLE HOLDERS AND GLASSES:
- Position rhinestone trim, let the design elements of each piece be your guide.
- Apply beads of glue and gently wrap trim around the glass. Tape in place until dry if necessary.