Believe Gift Box Decor
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FloraCraft® Foam: 5" Cubes: (5)
- Burlap: red
- Jute twine
- Kraft paper roll or recycled paper bags
- Acrylic paint: white
- Ribbon: red/white polka dot
- Jingle bells: green & red
- Faux pine branches
- Heavy card stock
- Serrated knife
- Low-temp glue gun & glue sticks
- Stencil brush
- Wire cutters
- Craft knife
- Cutting mat
- Straight pins
1. Use the serrated knife to cut all of the cubes in half. The cubes should measure 5" tall x 5" wide x 2-1/2" thick. For the three taller letters, glue two half blocks stacked one on top of the other. The stacked blocks should measure 10" tall x 5" wide x 2-1/2" thick.
2. Cut three 8" lengths of burlap for the taller letters and four 4" lengths of burlap for the smaller letters. Cut the stitched edges from all of the burlap pieces. Pull few strands of burlap from all four sides of each of piece to fray the edges.
3. Choose the letter font you would like to use. Print the letters out to size onto the cardstock. The taller letters should be about 6" tall x 4" wide. The smaller letters should be about 3x3". Be sure to allow a 1" border around each of the letters. This will allow enough room around the edge for stencil painting. Use the craft knife to carefully cut out the letters creating the stencil. Be careful cutting out the centers of the “B” and the “e” as the centers will need to be pinned back in place during painting.
4. Lay the burlap pieces onto the cardboard. Line up the stencils onto the burlap and pin the centers of the “B” and “e’s” in place into the cardboard. Use the stencil brush to paint the letters white and allow to dry. Apply second coat if needed.
5. Wrap all the foam blocks, life a present, with Kraft paper or recycled paper bags. Glue the burlap letters to the fronts of the blocks as shown.
6. Embellish the gift blocks with ribbon, jute twine and jingle bells.