Best Dad Ever Wood Plaques
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Versa-Tool® wood burning kit by Walnut Hollow®
- Food-safe cedar planks for grilling (or) other wood plaques
- Design printout of choice
- The Versa-Tool® by Walnut Hollow® comes with a variety of tips for creating designs. It also has adjustable temperatures so that it can be used with different materials and also burn designs in various shades.
- Use a pencil to sketch a design on a wood blank or print out design and proceed to the steps below for transferring.
- Flip printed design over to the wrong side. Scribble pencil over the entire back of the design to be transferred.
- Tape the design, right side up, onto the wood plaque. Position in desired location.
- Use a pencil or ball point pen to trace around every line on the image. This will transfer the scribbled lead onto the wood and transfer the design.
- Ensure the entire design has been transferred and then remove the paper.
- Screw the desired tip into the top of the tool, plug it in, and turn it on to a medium setting.The tool heats very quickly.
- Work slowly and carefully to trace over the design, burning it into the plank. SAFETY TIP: Use needle nose pliers to remove and replace tips as you change them out. Place hot tips into a glass bowl while cooling.