SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Candy-coated sunflower seeds
- Bag of caramels
- Cellophane party bags
- Cardstock for tags
- Scrapbook papers for sticks and curls
- Paper trimmer
- Double-sided tape
- Pen or pencil
- Microwave-safe bowl and microwave oven
- Waxed paper
1. Following manufacturer's directions, coat apples with caramel. Decorate with sunflower seeds in desired design.
2. Packaging: For each apple stick, cut a 3"x5" rectangle of paper and three narrow 12" strips. Attach tape to one long edge of the rectangle, beginning about 1½" from the bottom. Add another piece of tape at the top of the tube, from where the paper curls will emerge. Roll the paper, beginning at the untapped edge, into a spiral tube, using a pen or pencil as the form. (Also make sure that the caramel apple stick will fit into the tube.) Fold each narrow paper strip in half and curl with the scissors blade (as you would for ribbon curling). Tape them together at the fold and insert into the top of the tube, securing the tape surfaces to each other. Slip over the caramel apple sticks.
3. To make tags, cut scraps of cardstock into tag shapes, mount on scrapbook paper, and punch a hole at the narrow end. Personalize with guests' names or add your own message. If generating message by computer, cut tag shapes after the message is printed.
4. Slip apples into bags. Wrap with ribbon, tie on tags. Note: If apples do not slide easily into bags, slit the bags down the back, insert the apples, and tape the bags closed again.