Big Cables Pillow
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- RED HEART® Grande: 5 balls, Nectar
- Susan Bates® knitting needles: 15 mm [US 19]
- Susan Bates® crochet hook: 16 mm [US Q]
- Cable needle, yarn needle, 18” (46 cm) square pillow form
- 6 Super Bulky RED HEART® Grande™, Art. E826, available in 5.29 oz (150 g), 46 yd (42 m) balls
Pillow measures 18” (46 cm) square.
- Cast on 38 sts.
- Row 1 (right side): P2, *K4, P1; repeat from * to last st, P1.
- Row 2 and all even rows: K2, *P4, K1; repeat from * to last st, K1.
- Row 3: Repeat Row 1.
- Row 5 (cable row): P2, *WC, P1; repeat from * to last st, P1.
- Rows 7, 9, and 11: Repeat Row 1.
- Row 13: Repeat Row 5.
- Repeat Rows 6 -13 until your work measures about 18” (46 cm), ending on Row 8. Bind off.
Place two pillow squares wrong sides together. With crochet hook, sc around three edges of the pillow to seam. When you reach the fourth and final edge, insert the pillow form inside the pillow. Sc the final edge together. With yarn needle, weave in all loose ends.
ABBREVIATIONS: K = knit; mm = millimeters; P = Purl; sc = single crochet; st(s) = stitch(es); * = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated.