Big Cables Throw
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- RED HEART® Grande™: 15 balls 288 Apricot
- Susan Bates® Circular Knitting Needle: 15mm [US 19], 36" (90 cm) or longer
- Cable needle, yarn needle
- GAUGE: 7 sts = 4" (10 cm); 8 rows = 4" (10 cm) in cable pattern. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needle to obtain the gauge.
- 7 Jumbo RED HEART® Grande™, Art. E826 available in solid color 5.29 oz (150 g), 46 yd (42 m) balls
- 1. Circular needle is used to accommodate width of fabric. Work back and forth on circular needle as if working with straight needles.
- 2. Cable pattern can be worked from written instructions or by following chart. Read right side rows of chart from right to left, and wrong side rows from left to right.
Throw measures 40” x 50” (102 x 127 cm)
Cast on 69 sts.
Work in Garter st (knit every row) for 6 rows.
- Cable Pattern
- Set-Up Row (wrong side): *P5, [k1, p1] 4 times; repeat from * to last 4 sts, p4.
- Row 1 (right side): *K4, [p1, k1] 4 times, p1; repeat from * to last 4 sts, k4.
- Row 2: *P5, [k1, p1] 4 times; repeat from * to last 4 sts, p4.
- Row 3 (cable row): *2/2 LC, [p1, k1] 4 times, p1; repeat from * to last 4 sts, 2/2 LC.
- Row 4: Repeat Row 2.
- Rows 5–8: Repeat Rows 1 and 2 twice.
- Row 9 (cable row): Repeat Row 3.
- Repeat Rows 4–9 until piece measures about 46" (117 cm) from beginning; end with a Row 9 (cable row).
- Next Row: Repeat Row 2.
- Next Row: Repeat Row 1.
Work in Garter st for 5 rows.
Weave in ends.
ABBREVIATIONS: k = knit; p = purl; st(s) = stitch(es); [ ] = work directions in brackets the number of times specified; * = repeat whatever follows the * as indicated.