Read through the directions before starting & use the photo as a guide.
1. Cut out various shapes of patchwork pieces to cover the entire surface of your canvas. Use various designs and textures of paper to add interest to the overall design.
2. Once all of the shapes are cut out, thinly coat a 1-foot section of canvas with Mod Podge®. Apply a thin coat to the back of each piece of paper and apply it to the canvas. Make sure to overlap the pieces so that none of the blank canvas is showing through. Apply another thin layer.
3. Once the canvas is completely covered, allow the paper to thoroughly dry. Flip the canvas so it’s face down. Make sure the front is completely dry and, with an X-Acto® knife, cut off any pieces that hang off the edge of the canvas so the paper is flush with the sides along the edge.
4. Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge® over the entire canvas, covering all the paper. Allow the layer to dry and repeat so there are 2 coats on the entire papered surface. This layer will make it easy to add the decal to the paper and remove it without damaging the paper.
5. Once all the Mod Podge® is dry, position the vinyl decal on the canvas and rub it down so that it is secured. Make sure to get out any air bubbles and make sure the edges are secured down tightly to the canvas so no paint seeps underneath.
6. In a well-ventilated area, on a protected surface, spray paint the entire canvas. The canvas does not have to be painted solid. Some of the scrap paper designs should remain visible. Make sure to allow each layer of spray paint to dry before adding the next.
7. Once the spray paint is dry, remove the vinyl decal, using an X-Acto® blade to pick up the edges.
8. Paint the edges of your canvas with red paint, using a 1/2" paintbrush. This will finish off the edges and add a frame effect. Allow to dry before continuing to Step 9.
9. Apply a thin coat of acrylic sealer to the entire canvas. Several coats may be needed. Allow the sealer to dry between coats.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>