Bamboo Shoots and Mushrooms:
1. Select cardstock solids and coordinating prints from the DCWV® Floral Stack and the DCWV® Neutral Cardstock Stack. Cut them into varying widths, leaving them 12" long. Note: To determine how tall the finished bamboo shoots should be, measure the inside area of the birdcage and figure each section accordingly.
2. Roll the different sections of paper into a tight cylinder, securing the end in place with hot glue or a comparable papercrafting adhesive. Repeat until all of the sections are rolled into cylinders.
3. Adhere a flat shell bead to each end of the first cylinder. Adhere remaining 2 cylinders, 1 at each end.
4. Repeat until the desired amount of bamboo shoots have been created. Cut out leaves and add these where desired along bamboo shoots.
5. Put moss into the birdcage and adhere the bamboo shoots in place inside the moss.
6. Select a sheet of cream-colored cardstock. Cut into varying widths, leaving the lengths at 12" each. Roll these into tight cylinders, securing the end in place with hot glue or a comparable papercrafting adhesive. Adhere 1 brown bead to the top of each of the cylinders and adhere in place around the base of the bamboo shoots.
1. Select 3 prints for each flower. Create a template for the flower petals in the preferred shape and size. Trace onto the first print 5 times; cut out. Curl back the top section of each petal by pulling it over the edge of a pencil. Note: To get a more rolled look, use more tension between finger and the top of the pencil. Set aside momentarily.
2. Create a template for the leaves in preferred shape and size. Trace onto the second print 5 times; cut out. Create texture in your leaves by curling them back, putting them through the paper crimper or by trimming the edges with the rick rack scissors. Set aside momentarily.
3. Take the last print and cut a 1/2"x12" strip. Cut a fringed-edge along one of the long sides, going 1/4" down into the cardstock.
4. Cut a 6" piece of wire. Take the fringed piece of cardstock and, beginning at the top, wrap it around once. Secure in place. Continue wrapping it down your wire at an angle, adhering in place as needed, until at least 2" of the wire is covered. Cut off the excess paper and adhere in place with hot glue.
5. Take out the flower petals and adhere them around the last section of fringed paper. Note: To facilitate this process, pinch the middle of the bottom section before adhering them in place.
6. Take out your leaves and adhere them around the base of the flower.
7. Repeat as desired until there are enough paper flowers to cover the floral wire garland. Note: Use groupings of leaves if desired to cover more area.
8. Attach garland to outside of birdcage, twisting sections to give it more of a life-like feel.
9. Embellish with hummingbird or dragonfly pendants.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>