Birthday Cake Card
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Provo Craft
- Cricut Expression Personal Electronic Cutter
- Cricut Stretch your Imagination cartridge
- Cricut Accent Essentials cartridge
- Cuttlebug Die-Cut & Embossing Machine
- Cuttlebug D'vine Swirl A2 embossing folder
- 12"x12" cardstock in green, blue, purple, hot pink, yellow, white
- 2 Pink brads
- Glitter glue
- Corner rounder
- Paper trimmer
- 2-oz bottle Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive
- Cut scalloped squares. Using Accent Essentials and green cardstock, press Shift and cut one 5-1/2". Using blue cardstock, press Shift and cut one 5". Layer scalloped squares.
- Cut one 4"x4" purple square and round corners. Using Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug D'vine Swirl, emboss purple cardstock panel. Adhere panel to scalloped squares as shown.
- Cut birthday cake. Using Stretch your Imagination and white cardstock, cut one 2-3/4". Repeat cut with blue cardstock. Using hot pink cardstock, select Silhouette feature and cut one 2-3 /4". Using yellow cardstock, select Layers feature and cut one 2-3/4". Layer and adhere cake as shown. Add glitter glue to candle flames.
- Cut flowers. Using Accent Essentials and yellow cardstock, press Shift and cut two 1-1/2", two 1-1/4", and two 1". Layer flowers from largest to smallest, making two flowers. Attach flowers to card on either side of cake with pink brads. Gently bend petals to give flowers dimension.
- Cut one 4-1/2"x9" blue rectangle. Fold to create 4-1/2"x4-1/2" card base. Adhere scalloped squares to card front. This birthday card is perfect for a person of any age or gender. Change the color scheme to fit the recipient. Try using mini rub-ons or stamps to add a sentiment right onto the cake die-cut.