SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV® 12"x12" Birthday Wishes stack
- DCWV® card sketch
- 12"x12" black cardstock sheet
- 12"x12" green glitter cardstock sheet
- 4-1/4"x5-1/2" black card with envelope
- 2 birthday candles
- 1" red grosgrain ribbon
- Black alphabet letters
- 2" paper crafting circle punch
- Sewing machine with black thread
- Paper crafting adhesive
- Paper trimmer
1. Using the template as inspiration, select 3 prints from the stack. Cut 1st print to 4"x5-1/4". Adhere it to the center of card. Cut 2nd print to 3"x4-1/4". Adhere this to the center of card as well. Run a straight stitch around all 4 edges of this piece, 1/8" in from the side. Cut 3rd print to 3-3/4"x2-1/4". Adhere this perpendicular to last print, 1" up from the bottom of the card. Run a straight stitch around all 4 sides of the print, 1/8" in from the outside edges.
2. Lay the card vertically. Punch a 2" circle from one of the yellow prints in the stack. Trim 1/3 of the circle off the bottom and adhere flush with the top edge of the 2nd stitched print. Cut 7 small triangles from the same print. Cut off the point from each triangle and adhere them around the contour of the circle with adhesive foam squares.
3. Cut a 1"x4-1/2" strip from the green glitter cardstock. Add a “V" cut in both ends and adhere this 1/4" below the grouping in step 2. Add the letters “wish" to the center of the strip.
4. Finish off the card by tying the candles together with the red ribbon. Trim the ends of the ribbon as desired and adhere them to the left of the word in step 3.