SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV® 12"x12" Birthday Wishes stack
- Small paper mache gift boxes
- 12"x12" solid cardstock sheets
- Wooden craft sticks
- Craft paint
- Small fabric flowers
- Assorted bakers twine
- Clear plastic beads
- Rub-on letters/stickers
- Binder rings (to hold tag book together)
- Corner rounder
- 1" and 1-1/2" circle paper crafting punches
- Small hole punch
- Scoring tool
- Paper trimmer
- Paper crafting adhesive (including hot glue for the rosettes)
Tag Book For Birthday Boy/Girl
1. Cut a 2-1/2"x5" strip of solid cardstock for each guest. Cut a 2-1/4"x4-1/4" and 2"x3-3/4" piece of cardstock for each guest as well; the larger size from a coordinating solid and the smaller size from a coordinating print.
2. Adhere each set together on the same side, with the largest size on the bottom and the smallest size on top. Punch 2 holes on 1 side to insert binder rings.
3. Embellish each tag with plastic beads, bows with bakers twine, and sentiments cut from the stack.
4. Leave these out during the party and have the guests add a written sentiment on the back for the birthday girl or boy.
5. At the end of the party, attach all tags together using the binder rings and give to the guest of honor.
Birthday Box/Party Favors
1. Cover the top and sides of box with desired prints from the stack.
2. Embellish the box with ribbon and beads.
3. Insert the gift inside, reattach the lid, and add a tag to the top.
1. Paint wooden craft sticks half way with craft paint, leaving the bottom as-is to keep food safe. Set these aside to dry.
2. Create 2 rosettes for each stick. Cut 2 strips of paper that are 2"x12" each. Score each piece every 1/2" from one side to the other. Fold both accordion style and adhere together into a cylinder, white side out and the print in. Punch out 2 circles from the stack, each measuring 1-1/2".
3. Stand the cylinder up on a table and push the edges out until desired shape. Add a large amount of glue to the center of the 1st circle and adhere it on the top side of the rosette. Holding everything firmly in place, flip the rosette over and repeat on the back.
4. Repeat this process until there are enough large rosettes for each cupcake.
5. Repeat the above process, but this time cut 1 piece of paper that is 1-1/4"x12". Use this to create the rosette.
6. Adhere each set of rosettes to the painted end of wooden craft stickers as shown. Embellish with clear beads and bakers twine as desired.