Do not use unbaked clay on unprotected furniture or finished surfaces. Start with clean hands and work surface area. Good work surfaces include wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Knead clay until soft and smooth. For best results, clean hands in between colors. Shape clay, pressing pieces together firmly. Bake on oven-proof glass or metal surface at 275°F for 30 minutes per 1/4" thickness. For best baking results, use an oven thermometer. DO NOT USE MICROWAVE OVEN. DO NOT EXCEED THE ABOVE TEMPERATURE OR RECOMMENDED BAKING TIME. Wash hands after use. Baking should be completed by an adult.
Begin by preheating oven to 275°F. Test temperature with oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay. For best results, condition all clay by running it through the clay dedicated pasta machine several passes on the widest setting. Fold the clay in half after each pass and insert the fold side into the rollers first.
1. Condition 2 ounces of clay (any color) and roll it through the Clay Conditioning Machine on the #1 setting, creating a strip about 2" wide. Set aside. Roll the White out on the #5 setting, creating another strip, also about 2" wide. Stack the scrap clay strip and the white strip together being careful not to trap air between the strips. Trim the stacked strips to about 1-3/8" high and long enough to go around the soda can.
2. Wrap the trimmed strip around the soda can making sure it is straight. Using the flexible blade of the Super Slicer trim the ends so they are rounded.
3. Bake as directed above for 5 minutes, standing up in the oven. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Bake again for 20 minutes, this process minimizes air bubbles.
4. Condition the Black and run it through the Clay Conditioning Machine on the #5 setting, creating a strip. Add this Black strip to the inside of the bracelet. Start from the middle and work to the ends. Be careful not to trap air bubbles. It is a bit tricky but it helps if the black clay is just somewhat bigger then the bracelet. After that, with fingers, gently fold the black around the edges and trim it with a craft knife. Bake it again, following the same process as step 3, first 5 minutes then 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
5. Sand the bracelet with the #2 sandpaper, buff on a soft cloth.
6. Condition the rest of the Black clay and run it through the Clay Conditioning Machine on the #5 setting. Using the craft knife make teardrop shaped petals. They all should be different. Also make small square shapes that are all different.
7. Use the Black shapes to decorate the bracelet. Make about 8 flowers with the petals and use the squares to decorate between them but leave some space. Push firmly to make them stick to the baked surface.
8. Mix 11 parts White, 1 part Suede Brown, 1 part Elephant Grey and 1 part Ecru to make a slightly off white, beige color. You need only a cherry sized piece of this color. Push it thru the extruder with the smallest circle disc and make long snakes. Decorate the bracelet with the snakes making vines and small leaves, pushing them firmly as you go.
9. Create Black balls the same diameter (thickness) of the bracelet, cut them in half. Coat one edge of the bracelet with Liquid Sculpey and place the halves on the edge all the way. Position them to make sure they are aligned and bake the bracelet for 10 minutes. When it is cool, turn it over and repeat.
SHIPPINGShipping your purchase is easy at JOANN! Orders typically leave our warehouses within 1-3 business days (Mon-Fri). Delivery date depends on the destination address and the shipping method. You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped.
RETURNSReturns can be made for FREE in any of our stores.