Black and White Ombre Easter Basket
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Measuring, marking and cutting tools
- Needle & thread for hand sewing
- Acrylic paint: 2-oz. each of black and white
- Craft paintbrush
- Work area covering (newspaper or plastic bags)
- Water & paper plate for paint
- 2 yds. of 2-1/4" wide Chevron ribbon
- Spool of black ribbon: 1" & 1/8" sizes
- Rhinestone button
- Chevron button
- Feather clip
- Spool glittery black tulle
1. Cover work surface
2. Paint bottom edge of basket black and add white as you continue towards top of basket to create an ombre effect. Top edge of basket should be white. Thin the paint with water to get into woven basket areas. Allow to dry.
*Tip: a hairdryer can be used to speed up drying process
1. Chevron ribbon: 2 pieces 18” long for bows, 1 piece 36" long for basket midsection
2. Black tulle: 2 pieces 58" long for bows
3. Black 1" wide ribbon: 1 piece 8" long for bow loop, 1 piece long enough to wrap around handle completely.
4. Black 1/8" ribbon: 2 pieces about 9" long
1. Fold long chevron ribbon in half and weave through basket midsection. Secure ends on inside of basket with hot glue.
2. Wrap 1” black ribbon around handle, starting at inside edge of one side of handle. Cover handle completely with ribbon. Secure with hot glue as you wrap. End on opposite side and secure ends on inside.
3. Tie simple bow with each piece of tulle. Trim ends to form “V” shape.
4. Hot glue tulle bows to basket at handles.
5. Bring end of chevron bow ribbon to center and slightly overlap ends. Sew a running stitch through all layers and pull to gather into bow shape. Stitch and knot to secure.
6. Hot glue to center of tulle bow.
7. Glue feather clip on top of chevron bow. Lace both pieces of 1/8" black ribbon through chevron button, tie, and glue to center of feather clip.
8. Form 8" piece of 1” black ribbon into loop and secure with glue. Trim ends at an angle. Glue to center of chevron bow. Glue rhinestone button to intersection of loop.