Black Fun Fur Bag with Flap
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand Fun Fur yarn: 2 skeins black and 1 skein striped
- TLC Essentials yarn: 1 skein
- 8"x5-1/2" rattan handles
- Black spray paint
- Large, decorative button
- Knitting needles, size 11
- Yarn needle
PURSE BODY: Make 2
- With single strand of black Fun Fur and TLC Essentials yarns held together, cast on 25 stitches. Leave approximately 15"tail for sewing purse together later.
- Knit 10 rows.
- Row ll: Decrease l at each end (23 stitches remain).
- Rows 12-20: Knit.
- Row 21: Decrease l at each end (21 stitches remain).
- Rows 22-30: Knit.
- Row 32: Decrease l at each end (19 stitches remain).
- Rows 32-47: Knit.
- Row 48: Bind off.
- With single strand of striped Fun Fur and TLC Essentials yarns held together, cast on 15 stitches.
- Rows 1-6: Knit.
- Row 7: Slip next stitch onto right needle as if to knit. Slip next stitch also. Slip left needle through the front of both stitches. Knit by wrapping the yarn around and pulling the loop through the front, then dropping the old loops off the left hand needle. (SSK). Knit across row (14 stitches remaining).
- Row 8: Knit.
- Row 9: SSK, knit across row (13 stitches).
- Row l0: Knit.
- Row 11: SSK, knit across row (ll stitches).
- Rows 12-14: Knit.
- Repeat Rows 11 through 14 until 6 stitches remain.
- Knit next row.
- Bind off.
TO CONSTRUCT PURSE:
Stitch one body section of purse to handle by wrapping smaller edge around handle. Stitch together using tail left from cast on. Repeat for second body section. Stitch purse sections together around sides& bottom. Stitch flap to top of back of purse. Attach button to flap as desired.