Black Ice Multi Strand Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 strands hematite glass beads
- Silver freshwater pearls
- Various rectangle rhinestones
- Black diamond Preciosa crystals
- 6mm black AB celestial beads
- 3mm crystals
- 10mm blue fire polish beads
- 2 pkgs assorted cast metal spacers
- Black seed beads
- Black E-beads
- Jewelry wire
- 2.5mm crimp beads
- Round-nose pliers
- Bead stops
- Wire cutters
1. Cut two 40" lengths of jewelry wire. Bring 2 wires together and slide a toggle to the center. Bring ends together to form 4 strands and slide a crimp bead over all 4 strands.
2. Slide the crimp down until just a small loop remains holding the toggle. Use crimpers to crimp the bead.
3. Slide a black E-bead, hematite bead and a cast bead tube down all 4 strands, then separate strands into 2 sections. On the outside strands, string 5 sets of 4 hematite beads with a black seed bead in between. Place a bead stop at the end of the strand. On the inside strands – string 2 seed beads and 6 sets of 3 hematite beads with a black seed bead in between.
4. On each strand, string a black E-bead, clear rectangle rhinestone slider bead, black E-bead, and a black rectangle rhinestone slider bead.
5. Separate the strands. Top strand: seed bead, 1 set of 4 silver pearls, seed bead, 8 sets of 3 silver pearls with a seed bead in between, set of 4 silver pearls and a seed bead. Place a bead stop at the end of this strand.
6. Strand 2: 3 seed beads, 2 sets – 3mm crystal, seed bead, 6mm black diamond, seed bead, 3mm crystal, seed bead, 6mm black diamond, seed bead – a round cast bead, seed bead. Repeat pattern 3 more times, but string 3 sets between the round cast beads. End with 2 sets and 3 seed beads. Place a bead stop at the end of this strand.
7. Strand 3: 2 sets of 3 celestial AB beads with a cast spacer in between, oval cast bead. Repeat 3½ times. Place a bead stop at the end of this strand.
8. Strand 4: seed bead, set of 2 blue fire polish with seed bead in between, seed bead, 3mm crystal, seed bead, black diamond, seed bead, 3mm crystal, another set of 2 blue fire polish and seed bead. Repeat the next pattern 3 times: a cast round bead, set of 3 blue fire polish with seed bead in between. End with 1st pattern of 2 blue fire polish and black diamond. Place a bead stop at the end of this strand.
9. Bring the top 2 strands together and remove the bead stops from them. Slide on a black rectangle rhinestone slider bead, black E-bead, clear rectangle rhinestone slider bead and a black E-bead. Repeat with the remaining 2 strands.
10. Repeat steps 2 and 3.
11. Complete necklace with a crimp bead and a toggle – bring wire back through the crimp bead and several beads. Crimp the crimp bead and trim off any excess wire.