Black Knitted Boucle Purse
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 skein Sensations Rainbow Boucle yarn
- 1 pair Purse-n-alize It! vinyl handles, 25-1/4"x1/2"
- 1 large oval buckle
- Knitting needles, size 10
- Yarn needle
- 1/4 yd fabric for lining
- Basic sewing supplies
- Optional: 1 sheet plastic needle point canvas
SIZE: Approximate size of purse: 10"x12"
Use two strands of yarn held together as one throughout project. Gauge is not critical to this project but the example measured 9 stitches to the inch and slightly under 4 rows to the inch.
- Cast on 23 stitches.
- Rows 1-4: Work in stockinette stitch.
- Row 5: Increase one at each end. (25 stitches).
- Rows 6-8: Work in stockinette stitch.
- Row 9: Increase one at each end. (27 stitches).
- Rows 10-26: Work in stockinette stitch.
- Row 27: Decrease one at each end. (25 stitches).
- Rows 28-30: Work in stockinette stitch.
- Row 31: Decrease one at each end. (23 stitches).
- Row 32-36: Work in stockinette stitch.
- Row 37: Bind off.
- Make same as front through Row 36.
- Row 37: Bind off 5 stitches. Knit 13. Bind off 5 stitches. Fasten off .
- Row 38. Attach yarn and purl 13 stitches.
- Rows 39-66: Work in stockinette stitch.
- Row 67: Decrease one at each end. (11 stitches)
- Row 68: Work in stockinette stitch.
- Repeat rows 67 and 68 until 3 stitches remain.
- Fasten off.
SIDES AND BOTTOM :
- Cast on 17.
- Work in stockinette stitch until piece measures the length of sides and bottom of front section.
- Bind off.
- Cast on 17. Work 20 rows in stockinette stitch.
- Bind off.
Stitch pocket to front of purse. Attach side piece to front, bottom and back of purse. Stitch handles to purse. Optional: for stability add a piece of plastic needlepoint canvas to side portion of purse. The canvas is pieced together to measure as needed to fit. Cut fabric lining pieces the size for inside of purse plus seam allowance. Stitch together and whip stitch to knitted purse. Place flap section through oval buckle. Stitch buckle to flap.