Black Tile Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Silver Rope Toggle Starter Pack: Includes beading wire, crimps & toggles
- 7 pc Black Stone Tiles
- 114 pc 4mm White Cat's Eye Beads
- 8 pc 8x12mm Silver Hex Pillow
- 80 pc Silver Head Pins
- Round or Needle Nose Pliers
- Wire Cutters
- First, create 80 cat's eye dangles. Cut a 20" piece of beading wire and use a crimp bead to attach one half of the toggle clasp to the end. Thread on the beads and dangles as shown. Each cat's eye cluster has 1 cat's eye, 5 dangles, then another cat's eye. Start and finish the necklace with an extra cat's eye bead to make the toggle easier to use. Use a crimp bead to attach the second half of the toggle clasp.
- TO FORM A LOOP: Cut the pin approximately 1/4" beyond the bead. Bend the pin to form a right angle. Use the round end of your pliers to grasp the end of the pin and curve the pin by using a rolling motion to fold it over a single round prong. You may need to release the pin and continue the rolling motion again. You can convert a head pin to an eye pin by snipping off the head and replacing it with a loop as shown above.
- USING CRIMP BEADS: Thread on 1 crimp bead. Slip the wire through the clasp loop and bring the end of the wire back through the crimp- ing bead. Leave about a 1/2" tail and push the crimp snug up to the loop. Squeeze the crimp bead flat using needle nose pliers. Pull to be sure it is secure. Thread the wire back through a couple beads then snip off excess.