Blackboard Fabric Table Runner
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1¾ yd blackboard fabric
- Bandannas, 1 each: red, blue
- Rotary cutter, mat and ruler
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron, pressing surface
1. Cut 14"x5' piece of blackboard fabric. Round corners off.
2. Press bandannas and lay on cutting mat. Diagonally cut bandannas into 3½" strips. Cut the longer strips in half.
3. With right sides together, randomly sew strips together, alternating colors until all pieces form one long bias strip for binding. Fold and press in half lengthwise.
4. Beginning about 3" down from one corner, sew bias strip binding to right side of table runner edge, using 1/2" seam. Continue all the way around table runner.
5. To finish binding, fold first edge down diagonally and cover with end; trim end piece to fit.
6. Fold bias binding to back and stitch in the ditch on front side.