SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Art GRIP® Colored Pencils:
- Stamper's Big Brush Pen (Black)
- Rubber Stamps:
- Mo Manning Victorian Houses by Penny Black
- Salutations by Penny Black
- Darice® Hemp Cord
- Kaisercraft gem
- Corner rounder
- Dimensional adhesive
1. Choose 2-4 colors in the same color family, for example light yellow, golden yellow, and orange. No worries about complicated numbers and color systems-Design Memory Craft® color collections contain colors designed to work well together. There’s no bad combination.
2. Color with the lightest color first using a light pressure.
3. Add shading with the two darker colors. Increase pressure as you add darker colors.
4. Go back and color over the entire area with the lightest color using a heavy pressure. This last step will finish all of the blending and give a smooth, blended look of marker with all of the control of colored pencils.
Step by Step Card Directions
1. Ink stamp with a black Stamper’s Big Brush Pen. Stamp onto white cardstock.
2. This card uses the Art GRIP® Color Pencils in the red, yellow, green, and blue color collections. Begin by coloring the house with a light yellow Art GRIP® Colored Pencil using a light pressure. Add shading around the windows and side of the house using an orange Art GRIP® Colored Pencil. Color with a slightly heavier pressure. Add additional shading with a yellow/brown Art GRIP® Colored Pencil, starting by coloring on the orange shaded areas and moving onto the lighter yellow. Lighten your pressure as you move onto the lighter yellow.
3. Go back with the original light yellow. Color with a heavy pressure over the entire yellow area, including on top of the orange and golden yellow areas.
4. Color red accents on the house with red Art GRIP® Colored Pencil. Add shading with Magenta. Go back and blend shaded areas by coloring heavily with red.
5. Continue to follow this process to color the windows, fence & grass.
6. Add a very subtle shadow to areas you would like to appear white by coloring with light purple using a very light pressure.
7. Color the roof with light green. Color random shingles with a darker green.
8. Punch rounded corners on right hand side of colored panel. Wrap with twine and adhere stamped sentiment and gem. Adhere to red card base using dimensional adhesive.