Bling Sling Tote
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Everything Mary® purse crafting supplies:
- 1 pk large grommets
- 1 pk Large Dog Leash Clasps
- 1 pk Round Metal Rings
- 1/2 yd burlap for exterior handle, side & bottom panels
- 1/2 yd fabric for exterior front & back panels
- 3/4 yd fabric for lining
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
1. From the exterior fabric material, cut front and back panels for the tote. Each panel should be 15-1/2"H x 13-1/2" L.
2. From the exterior burlap material, cut the sides and bottom panel, all as one piece. The panel should be 43-1/2"L x 5-1/2"W.
3. From the exterior burlap material, cut out the handle. It should be 33-1/2"x5-1/2".
4. Repeat all above cuts, using your choice of lining material.
5. Sew the side and bottom burlap panel to front and back fabric panels. One side panel will higher than the other. This is for the handle to be sewn onto.
6. Sew one end of burlap handle to long edge of burlap side panel.
7. Using lining material panels, sew together to create lining. Do not sew handle lining yet.
8. Turn tote inside out and slip liner on to tote, and sew to top edge.
9. Sew handle liner to underside of the handle.
10. Turn tote right side out.
11. Using the round grommet as a template, center back of grommet on lining side of short side panel 1”? from top edge, and draw around inside circle of grommet.
12. With scissors cut out center circle.
13. Repeat steps 11 & 12 to exterior side of tote.
14. Place top of grommet over the hole on outside of tote and bottom of grommet on the inside of the tote, lining up the holes.
15. Align groves with tabs and push tabs into groves, to secure.
16. Add round ring to grommet. (May require pliers to open and close the ring).
17. On unattached end of the handle, fold the handle inward to create a pleat to fit into the dog leash clasp.
18. Insert pleat through the dog leash ring.
19. Turn fabric under and stitch down.