Bliss Button Bouquet
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Bliss buttons
- Favorite Findings™ Buttons, color theme in a variety of sizes, shapes and finishes
- Favorite Findings™ Button Shank Remover
- Small beads or pearls (be sure hole is large enough for wire to fit through)
- Foam bouquet base on handle
- White floral wire
- White floral tape
- Wire cutters
- Silk flowers
- Additional trims desires: feathers, gems, tulle, embroidery floss and needle
- 1-1/2" satin ribbon
- Hot glue gun & glue
- Clear plastic bag
1. Make a stack of 5-9 buttons using a variety of colors and sizes, graduating from larger to smaller. Bend floral wire in half, into U shape. String on three small beads, centering them on U. String both wires through buttonholes of button stack from top to bottom. Tightly twist wires together under buttons. Continue twisting for a couple inches. Wrap 4" of stem in floral tape. Trim wires where floral tape ends. Repeat to make 30-35 button flowers.
2. Cut silk flower stems about 4". Stick into foam of bouquet base, as many as desired.
3. Arrange button flower stems into bouquet in a pleasing arrangement, filling in between silk flowers.
4. Add extra trims and embellished felt flowers, if desired, by gluing in place. Fill in any blank spots, covering the bouquet.
5. Wrap handle. Tie an overhand knot around top of stem. Tails should be even. Wrap ribbons snugly around bouquet stem, one end going right and one end going left. Stop wrapping to leave enough handle to hold. Tie bow. Trim ribbon ends.
6. Glue a pretty shank button to center of bow.