SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 4 Acrylic Flower Buttons – Bliss #39
- 10-12 pearls or pearl shank buttons
- White felt square
- 5 white organza fabric strips (some 2" x 30", some 2" x 40")
- Scraps of white tulle
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Needle and white thread
- Chain necklace with pearls
- Flush cutters
1. Draw a loose V shape onto felt, about 8" wide. Cut out.
2. Make 5 rosettes as desired to cover the felt backing.
Fabric rosette: Fold strip in half so the two short ends meet. Tie a knot in the center of the strip of fabric. The knot will be the center of the rosette. Hold the knot in one hand. With the other hand, twist both fabric tails together about 6 inches. Twisting can be tight or loose. Wrap twisted tails around center knot. Repeat twisting and wrapping until all fabric is wrapped around the center knot. Tack with needle and thread every 1 ½ " to 2". Tack tail to finish.
3. Assemble. Lay all rosettes on felt backing until pleasing to the eye. Glue or tack in place. Glue or stitch buttons in and around rosettes. Tuck gathered pieces of tulle between rosettes to fill in. Stitch in place.
4. Cut chain necklace at center point. Stitch link at one end to top of one side of felt piece. Stitch remaining end of chain to other side of felt piece.