Add Style to your Home Decor with Cricut Gold
Hi, there fellow makers and creatives, this is Jeran from Oleander + Palm. I’m one of the bloggers who designed some of the exclusive content for the Cricut Explore Air Gold. I’m a huge fan of the Cricut. I proudly share that I was a “Cricut-er” before I was a blogger. I’m not a scrapbooker or card maker; I love to use my Cricut to make custom pieces for my home. I wanted to share with you some of my favorite ways to use my Cricut Gold machine, give you some simple tips and tricks, and 5 Products to Buy to get you started creating with the Cricut Gold.
One of my favorite materials to cut with my Cricut is the awesome iron-on vinyl. It comes in so many great colors – my favorites to use are the metallic gold, glitter gold and white iron-on vinyl. I took some of the simple geometric patterns I created for the Cricut Gold and added them to generic kitchen linens to create a stylish, modern look (You can see those HERE).
Here’re 5 Products you can buy at Jo-Ann to get you started on some fun projects:
- Dish Towel– Give your kitchen and bathroom linens instant style with a fun metallic gold patterned border.
- Picture Frame– Get the look of a designer frame without the price tag. Add geometric shapes to create a modern, clean look.
- Wooden Box– Customize one-of-a-kind storage pieces or create a cute, modern planter like I did.
- Washi Tape– Every crafter and maker needs washi tape in the craft supplies. I use it to map out where I’m going to add my vinyl and iron-on designs.
- 12 x 12 Canvas– The possibilities are endless. But, creating custom art from my home is one of my favorites was to decorate.
I also love to use Cricut’s vinyl. Here’s a simple way to add a designer look to a frame.
I gave a simple wooden box a quick white ombre effect with some white spray paint and then added gold foil vinyl shapes to the sides of the box.
And here’s had a use washi tape on all my projects to center and place my patterns exactly where I want them.
Happy making friends!
For more ideas and inspiration for using your Cricut Gold to create one-of-a-kind home decor pieces, be sure to check out the Half Moon Wall Hanging, Geometric Patterned Edge Throw, these fabulous pillows, and also these fun Tropical Leaf Napkins.