Hello party people! Welcome to fall, ya’ll. The leaves haven’t started changing and I still am cranking my pool heater up to eat up the last days of warm weather. But, fall is beckoning and my kids are already starting to talk about Halloween. So in honor of this season, and my love for candy corn, I made some candy corn candy melts. They are fun for gift giving to neighbors, co-workers, teachers and friends.
1. Melt your candy corn melts according to package instructions. Once melted, pour into a disposable decorator’s bag.
2. Set your silicone mat or waxed paper on top of your cookie sheet. Set your smallest candy corn cookie cutter on top of that. Snip the end of the piping bag.
3. Squeeze your candy corn melt into the cookie cutter. Shake the cookie sheet to even out the surface of the candy. Don’t worry about any little bit leaking through the sides – you can break those off after they are set.
4. While the candy melts are still soft, add orange, white and yellow sugar sprinkles, one color at a time, to each part of the candy corn. Optional: Instead of the traditional colors of sprinkles you can also get the limited edition ghost sprinkle candies – they are super cute.
5. Pop them in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to set.
6. Carefully remove them from the candy corn cookie cutter pushing them from front to back so that the candy corn melt will pop out from the back. Break off any excess melts on the sides.
7. Pop it in an bag and tie some ribbon around the top.
Pass them out at work, school, your neighborhood, etc. Happy Fall Ya’ll!