DIY Back to School Erasers
Summer is sadly almost over and that means it’s almost time to go back to school. With every school year, we always like to reuse items from the year before or make some cute back to school items right at home. You can easily make your own notebooks, lunch bags, and erasers! This will help you save some money and allow you to spend those last few days of summer together being creative. Hi, everyone! I’m Vanessa Diaz of Brite & Bubbly and today I’m showing you how to make these adorable and easy to make DIY Back to School Erasers!
To make these colorful erasers you’ll need:
• Sculpey Clay Kit Amazing Eraser Clay (this comes with tools to mold & cut your eraser clay)
• Various plastic molds to make your shapes
• Baking sheet
• Parchment paper
Here’s how to make these erasers:
2. To create the shapes, you’ll use either your plastic molds or your hands to mold the clay into your shapes. For the emoji face, you’ll use your hands and yellow, pink, and purple eraser clay to mold the yellow into a circle, the pink into two hearts and the purple into a mouth. You’ll stick them all together to create the emoji eraser. For the emoji heart, you simply create a heart with the pink eraser clay and then pinch together some sides of the yellow clay to make some shimmer stars.
3. For the donut and cookie shapes, you’ll use your plastic molds to make those shapes. You’ll roll your clay into round balls with your hands and press the clay into or between your molds. This will create your shapes.
4. You can also make pencil topper erasers by molding your shapes with your hands and tools. You then take your pencil and stick it into the bottom of your clay to create the hole for the pencil topper.
5. Once you have all your erasers created, you’ll then place your erasers on parchment paper on top of a cookie baking sheet and bake them according to the directions on the eraser clay package. It’s about 20 minutes at 250 degrees. Make sure your erasers are at least an inch or two apart so they don’t stick together.
6. Once your erasers are baked, you’ll pull them out of the oven; remove them from the cookie sheet with a spatula or oven mitt. Do not touch these erasers with your bare hands right out of the oven, or you will get burned.
7. Let the erasers cool for about 10-15 minutes and they’re done!
You’ll be rocking your amazing colorful erasers all year long and no one will know if they were bought or if you made it yourself. And who cares if they can tell you made it. It’s always more fun to be proud of the DIY you made! It makes everything you have all the more personal to you.
Be sure to shop the craft section of your favorite Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store to pick up some more fun crafts supplies for your back to school needs. You can also find these products right here on Joann.com.