DIY Choker Necklace
We love everything ’90s! From candy bracelets to over-sized scrunchies, there’s one signature staple we’re thankful they brought back, the choker. Featured in the 2016 Brit and Co Holiday House, here’s our take on a chic DIY velvet choker that helps you add that extra bit of flare. Glamorize with drop charms or metallic studs and you’ve got an original piece that is sure to make a statement.
Let’s get started!
1. Cut ten inches of velvet ribbon. Find the center of the ribbon and attach your favorite charm using a needle and thread.
2. Add E6000 to the inside of your ribbon end.
3. Slide the ribbon into the ribbon ends use a flat nose plier to crimp the ribbon end down.
4. Use pliers to attach jump rings and lobster clasps to one end of the ribbon.
5. Use pliers to attach the chain to the other end of the ribbon.
6. Let the glue dry overnight and it’s ready to wear!
Now you have a killer accessory to go with your flannel shirt and combat boots for the complete ’90s look!