DIY Colorful Christmas Tablescape
The holidays are here and who says you have to only decorate with red and green colors?! The holidays are all about being merry and bright and what’s more bright than rainbow colorful colors. Traditional holiday colors are so last season and this year; surprise your holiday dinner party guests with some color. Hi, everyone! I’m Vanessa Diaz of Brite & Bubbly and today I’m showing you how to capture your inner holiday unicorn with this super fun and easy to do DIY Colorful Christmas Tablescape! It’s complete with the cutest Santa hat animal cookie place cards/napkin rings! In case you couldn’t tell by this tablescape, it’s going to be a very colorful holiday season in our household.
To make this out of the box holiday tablescape you’ll need:
• Cricut Explore Air 2
• Glitter cardstock
• White cardstock
• Free Printable Santa Hat Animal Cookie (scale down the printing to 60%)
• Large jingle bells
• Gold rings
• Pink thin ribbon
• Tinsel garland
• Foam trees
• Various metallic glitters
• Craft glue
• Bright colored ornaments
• Bright colored gift bows
• X-Acto Knife
• Rainbow wrapping paper (available in-stores)
• Hole punch
• Hot glue gun
• Mirror pieces
Here’s how to put together this fun tablescape:
1. First, you’ll use your Cricut Explore Air 2 or you’ll cut by hand using your scissors and X-Acto knife to cut out the letters to make the word garland that says: “Have a cool Yule!”
2. You’ll then cut rectangular pieces from your rainbow wrapping paper to make placemats.
3. You’ll also print out our Free Printable Santa Hat Animal Cookie, which you can download and print HERE. You’ll scale down the printing to 60% so they are smaller in size. You cut them out with your scissors and X-Acto knife, punch a hole through the black dot with your hole punch, and slip the thin pink ribbon through the hole. You’ll also slip a jingle bell through the ribbon as well.
4. You’ll tie the animal cookie and jingle bell to a gold ring and you’re done with your napkin rings!
5. You’ll place your plates, cutlery, and extra napkins down with the napkin and napkin ring on top of the plate. You’ll have both pink and white Santa Hat animal cookie place cards.
6. You’ll place a popper/cracker to the side of your place setting. You can also make some holiday poppers like these with your Cricut cutting machine or you can buy some already made.
7. For the tinsel table runner/centerpiece, you’ll use a bunch of bright colored tinsel garland for the base of the installation.
8. You’ll then place some ornaments, mini gift boxes, and any other decorations you’d like throughout.
9. You’ll then place some glitter trees and disco mirror trees and snowmen down the center. You can make these glitter trees by taking foam trees and covering them with craft glue and fun metallic glitter. You can also make the disco ball trees the same way using a hot glue gun and mirror pieces.
10. Place the letter banner and all the décor pieces down the center of your table to make a vibrant eye-catching centerpiece/ table runner.
11. Once all your pieces are in place, add names to the place cards and get ready for your guests!
However, you decide for your holiday dinner parties, make sure it’s a colorful one! I’m sure if you do this DIY Tablescape your guests will love it! I know I’m obsessed with it and you will definitely have a very cool yule!
Have a very colorful holiday season everyone!
Be sure to shop the holiday decor section of your favorite JOANN Fabric and Craft Stores to make more fun holiday party decor!